Welcome to Try Coding!
- Please sign in here: http://bit.ly/3949emq
- Open up repl.it in a browser (preferably Chrome) and login to your account
- Change Zoom display name to first name, last initial, pronouns; ie - Amy H. (she/her)
What to Expect
Over the course of the day, we will write code, explore the mindsets that successful developers have, and learn a little more about Turing. We will ask you to introduce yourself, ask questions, and occasionally share out answers to the technical work we do! Below is our agenda for the day:
- Welcome, Intros, and Setup (30 mins)
- Instruction (2 hours, 30 min)
- Turing Info Session (1 hour)
Online Learning Norms
- No question is too smalland no question is a bad question. Ask them!
- We all benefit from each others ideas! Push yourself to share out and make sure you aren’t sharing so much that others don’t have the space to do so
- Mute your microphone unless you’re the main speaker
- Keep your camera on during class and breakout sessions; ok to turn off during independent work time
- Questions? Type into the group chat box and a TA will answer you. Avoid direct messages to a TA unless it is a specific issue only to yourself
- Disconnected? Jump back on! If the host or TAs get disconnected, hold tight, and the session will resume shortly
- Type in the chat - what is your favorite or most used app?
- Practice raising your hand with the zoom “raise hand” feature
- Introduce yourself! Unmute and tell us: 1) Where you are calling in from, and 2) Why you decided to spend your weekend learning to code