Welcome to Try Coding!
Please complete the pre-work that is outlined here before attending the workshop.
To Get Set Up
- Please sign in here: http://bit.ly/3949emq
- Open up repl.it in a browser (preferably Chrome) and login to your account
- Change Zoom display name to first name, last initial, pronouns; ie - Amy H. (she/her)
What to Expect
Over the course of the day, we will write code, explore the mindsets that successful developers have, and learn a little more about Turing. We will ask you to introduce yourself, ask questions, and occasionally share out answers to the technical work we do! Below is our agenda for the day (all times in MST):
- 2 hours, 30 mins Welcome, Intros, and Instruction
- 30 mins: Turing Info
- 45 mins: Alumni Panel
- 10 mins: Wrap Up, Questions
We’d love to give everyone a chance to say hi, as well as do a mic check. Please share:
- Your name and pronouns
- Your location
- What brought you here!
We’ll also have the zoom chat available as a tool today. To warm up using that and spark some inspiration for examples your instructor might use throughout the day, please share the name of your favorite or most-used app!
- No question is too small. No question is a bad question. Ask them!
- We all benefit from each others ideas! Push yourself to share out and make sure you aren’t sharing so much that others don’t have the space to do so
- Please mute your microphone unless you’re the main speaker
- Have your camera on during class if possible!
- Questions? Type into the group chat box or wait until end of section when we open it up for questions